Supporting Nuffnang

Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Raffles Graduation MY TURN 21032013


This news have been a week old but, I had graduated as an Advanced Diploma Holder in Jewelry Design in Raffles KL, and I got the 'Best Student Award' and so as the 'Best Collection Award. and thankyou for those who came during the exhibition in Fahrenheit.

It feels like yesterday that I just enrolled into Raffles Jewelry Design, and now Im a fresh graduate. The 2 years have been fun and it has so much sweet memories, met so many new people from the same course and  different course. Honestly being a Jewelry Design student is awesome, because this department had been like a family to me because everyone were being so close to each other, its like when ones had problem the otherS would know bout it, people might think we are 8, but this is how our department works. So Glad

The 'Double' Awards photo. The award is just a bouquet of flowers for each award.

So many person i want to Thank for being able to be where I am right now, especially the 2 lecturers that taught me, Adam Whitney and Sydney Scherr. Both a great lecturer with their respective experience and design ideology. Its been fun learning under them even though there times i stuck on certain step, but everything worked out, not sure whether they will saw this but, i had alrdy thank them respectively hahahahaha. Next would be my lovable juniors and seniors, super supportive. you guys been great to me, u guys didnt really made a fuss over me, which i am very grateful of hahaha.. lastly and not least my parents that had supported me so long since i started this course, xie xie.

My collection includes 2 separate sets, which is the mens collection and womens collection. The entire collection is inspired by the Art of Nature, below is the hand fabricated necklace with choker, entirely in sterling silver and with the use of liver of sulphate.

Photo Credit: Raffles Photographer
(fyi, this is not the real product shoot for this necklace and this were taken during the exhibition)

Making this entire collection had been fun, and i were able to try many techniques on making this collection a success, but honestly, i did not felt that I myself as a designer explored enough... anyhow, done is done, but might be enlarging this collection with different techniques like enamel and piercing, (will be fun) more pictures will be posted after the collection is being photoshoot. So stay tune for it..


Thereafter the graduation, I will be entering the next stage in life after diploma which is Internship, that will be starting after today, havent able to find a company yet. anyone wants to hire me? Email me please: matthewyew@hotmail.com Or if you want to have a custom design made and a collaboration, email me as well for further information.



No comments:

Post a Comment